Applications are now open for the UCPBA Scholarship for the 2019-2020 Academic Year!The Ukrainian Canadian Professional and Business Association of Ottawa awards up to two scholarships each year. Awards are made on the basis of academic merit and extracurricular accomplishments, in particular those contributing to the Ukrainian community. In some cases, financial need may also be taken into consideration in awarding the scholarship. Applicants are evaluated for academic merit (transcripts, previous awards, and scholarships), volunteer activities, including those in the Ukrainian community, and extracurricular activities. Applications are evaluated “blind”, that is, names and other information which could identify the applicant is not provided to the Scholarship Evaluation Committee. Although recipients of the UCPBA Scholarship are not eligible to apply in the following year, unsuccessful Scholarship applicants are encouraged to apply each year. If the Scholarship Evaluation Committee deems that the scholarship applications received in a given year are not of sufficiently high quality, the Committee reserves the right not to award a Scholarship in that year. Eligibility Criteria To apply for a UCPBA Scholarship, you must:
- be enrolled in the final year of high school (grade 12 or CEGEP) or be enrolled in a post-secondary educational program.
- be a resident of, or attending school in, the National Capital Region (Ottawa-Gatineau).
- be between the ages of 16 and 30 as of December 31 of 2019.
- submit a photocopy of report card or transcripts for the last academic year.
- submit a CV/resumé.
- submit reference letters from two individuals. The references must not be related to the applicant.
- submit the application by January 31st, 2020.